Tuesday 22 February 2011

Love Songs in Age


I'm a child
I'm a boy
I'm a grown-ups toy
I'm a thing to be seen, never heard

I'm a school-yard bully
I'm Mulder to your Scully
I'm a homework star
I'm a nerd

I'm a teenage terror
I'm a syntax error
I'm a last minute winner
I'm a fan

I'm a library book wizard
I'm a north coast blizzard
I'm an adolescent half-grown man

I'm a gent
I'm a lover
I am weak, dear brother
I'm a stand-up comic
I'm free

I'm wrong when I am right
I'm a night club fight
I'm whoever in the world I wanna be

Book pages flutter
I'm the bread for your butter
I'm a bank of knowledge
I'm a sage

I'm the truth
Unwise
I'm the fire in my eyes
I'm me, according to my age

I'm a rapper
I'm a beast
I'm a big meat feast
I'm the PTO footer on your page

My mistakes are my mud
But I'm bad turned good
I'm the sum of all my wisdom times age

I'm a thorn to your thistle
You'll jump when I whistle
To the men in the middle
I'm the chief

I'm mental when I'm mean
I'm the ghost in the machine
I'm a chav
I'm a runner
I'm a thief

I'm Leeds
I'm Manc
I'm a septic tank
I'm a gay white nigger
I'm a fly

On the wall of your life
I'm a real house-wife
I'm my days on the planet gone by

I'm solid
I'm a rock
I'm a loud ticking clock
I'm the truth in the mirror
I am rage

I'm a saint
I'm a sinner
I'm a Booker prize winner
I'm the story, according to my age

I am old
I am weak
Now I think before I speak
I'm a bottle of vintage wine

I'm a dream
I'm a vision
I'm a head-on collision
Driving slowly down the sands of time

I'm dying in my sleep
I'm the castle and the keep
I'm no longer the big man on the stage

I have been what I have been
According to my scene
And according, forever, to my age


gknapton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl