Wednesday 13 March 2019

Sacred Cycles


Can I speak to something in you?
Can I implicate the March wind rippling across the mill pond
Or the howling tides of rain that criss-cross in sheets as I go about my day
Down lanes of leaves
The gales of rain
The silken sheets

Dare I dream of commanding the weather for such an audacious out-of-time endeavour
Of amassing the sensory stack of its multitude of energies and requesting that when they reach you, you direct them inward
That you might intuit a lesson all language failed ever to teach?
A dialogue that never yet left our timid articulate tongues
We stand in bodies that breathe the seasons of earth like a fragile China vase
Leaning into one another
On the mercy of one another
The glory of old grace
But like dancers lost in music don’t tell me we don’t know
We are more completely ourselves when we let go

Our relentless quest for control delivers waxwork illusions of superman chic
Up higher than the House of Atrius our pride towers
Wedded to ego
The only animal species whose powers harry and hound the sacred cycles
Of majesty that brought us here
That delivered us
Tender as the midlife midwife delivers to thrusts and shivers the new-born child
The lamb of her seasonal, wild expanse
What chance
That we are here at all!
Looking out at the world for some prize
The glistening trove
That goal!
Being it while seeking it from without
How could we know that where to end is where to begin is within?

By knowing that the seasons of our own flaking, healing, wrinkling, bleeding, breathing skin
Are the same seasons we see in the skies of winter, autumn, summer and spring?

Among us, deep in our midst and mildly mocking
Like a Cold War novel with a cheap spy twist is a mole
Insidious antagonist
Spouse with all the nous
Tucked up tight in bed. Your bed.
Like lions in a den
Think on it
To whom is the ego wed?

That bottomless hole - the quest for control doth smash to smithereens
Without rhyme or reason
The delicate rhythm of season
Doth mash our withered dreams in time and treason

We are corrupted
She is interrupted
She is gone
Porcelain vase in pieces
I hold my nose, put my head down and run
To the hills for my life
For I can’t stand the stench of the faeces emanating from
The slag heaps of our progressive output
Forged in the steely heat of our fear and with greed as our knife what have we done?
And we call it growth
What are we doing?

Chill out, Gary, it’s just fine art
The Waste Land. My Bed. The Road To Wigan Pier.
Eliot. Emin. Orwell
Ah, well
Chin up, eyes down, crack on
Nowt to see here

gK

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl