Saturday 17 March 2018

Midnight At The Lost & Found



Something simple

Real old-fashioned

Something quaint and unbroke

Something turbo-boost impassioned

Some fires ready to stoke


Like the lust that I called chemistry

Like my angels above

Like the teeth of my defenestry

Like the need I call love


I say “safe” for insecurity

My desires fuel greed

I talk trust but I get surety

I say “love” to mean need


All the crimes of my mendacity!

I never heeded my foe

I call sated “half-capacity”

I don’t know I don’t know


Like the urge I try to satisfy

All the pleasures I yearn

Like the beauty I go blindly by

Hard-way lessons I learn


Like the world my head goes living in

Houses that I call home

Vane as a wide-screen TV

Computerised as my phone


Like the dream world that I patronise

Like the gift-horse I missed

The escape hatch when I fantasise

Like the first time we kissed


Like the ache when I curl up at night

Like the distance I go

Like the loneliness of morning light

Like the devil I know


Like old cares that I don’t care about

Like I’m really not here

Like the screams that I don’t dare let out

Like I’m scared of the fear


Like the glimmer fading from my eyes

Like my heart just resigned

Hellfire worlds my soul to demonise

Like the darkness I find


I feign strength to mask my impotence

I never counted the cost

Hopelessness; my rising incidence

Turn the lights out

I’m lost


Like my box-fresh new identity

Like the path that I choose

Wipe the debts of my indemnity

Now I’ve nothing to lose!


Like my eyes are open once again

Like emerging from sea

Like recalling why I’m valuable

Like re-finding the key


Like the honour of a bird released

Like discovering sun

Like my pulse got newly undeceased

All of my dreams in one


Like my safe haven came back to me

Like my purpose returned

Like the cruel boss left the factory

Like my problems got burned


Like the vision of my periphery

Came back into my reach

Like my game of soul midwifery

Taught me something to teach


Like a smile re-learnt my face again

Like my angels are near

Not fenced in by time and space again

Like I’ve nothing to fear


Like I’m informed and engaged again

Like I’m back on my game

Like I’ll never be encaged again

Like an end to all pain


Like the heat of appetite

Reflecting over my thirst

Like my hand of friendship out

To all the things I do worst


Like the sparkle in the morning light

Like beauty with no end

Like the distant dapple-drawn call

Of hankerings I transcend


Like the laughter I call “happiness”

Like the dance I call “life”

I feel pain but I don’t suffer it

I know goodness is rife


Strings of now are all the future is

I say “no” to mean no

I own trust

I know my heart’s alive

Think you’re fast?

Watch me go


Like a baby joyful in surprise

Like I’m back on the ground

Like places my soul could harmonise

Light the torches

I’m found.


gK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl