Sunday 31 January 2010

Verdana Ten

Verdana Ten


Days weeks months never used to pass this quick. What have we done? Whole seasons slipping by. Years even.

Professional time wasters. All talk. Not much action. Are we wasting our lives away or are we enjoying them ? Was it always thus ? 

How many more songs and dances ? Who has the book with the answers ?

How do you construct a turning point ? I hear you start with the smallest things and work upwards.

You go from the part to the whole and in this way climb yourself out of the hole you dug. So jump the fence, stand tall and let's commence. Before the pubs open and we get roped into dispensing with all such common sense.

To get the ball rolling you're allowed to change anything you want. So I'm starting with my font. You shouldn't underestimate your typeface. Allowing it to stagnate is the slippery slope to disgrace.

No change is too trivial. Too insignificant. Any positive action, pushing out however slow, amounts to you standing up and having a go. Great oaks from little acorns grow.

It's time to separate the boys from the men. I'm opting for Verdana Ten.

Times New Roman Twelve was good for a time. But I've spent the last six months delving through the annals of my free roaming mind and for what ? For the dust to settle and the truth to emerge that I'm stuck in a rut. I'm behind with the bills and my hair needs a cut.

Tomorrow I will etch the campaign a little further forward. I'll clean my shoes and launder some clothes and post letters to the people I love most. And I really should look for work and earn some money. Life's a game but losing never feels funny.

But tomorrow's tomorrow. Tonight I am safe in the knowledge that I made a start. I've put the horse back in front of the cart. You may laugh and that's fine. But there come's a time in the affairs of men. I have thrown down my sword and picked up my pen.

I've opted for Verdana Ten.


12/05/04

gknapton 
copyright




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl