Tuesday 15 May 2012

Green light

You don't listen

You talked through all your food, eating none of your words and I sat opting out of the moment, skirting through all Thursday, Friday and half of the weekend

Dancing with poised gait and intention through a sequinned string of golden promises

Yet you weren't asking me to walk through waterfalls

You were asking me to listen

My turn

I would have but I didn't know

See, I wasn't listening

I didn't mean to leave you

In my head I was never letting you go but he walked in and the room span

That said, nothing is beyond my control so don't fool yourself

Life is a cavernous hall of free choices perched high up in the gated safe-house of living

There is room to move in the prison

Room enough for us to shoulder the burden of responsibility for our choices

But not room enough to mirror, signal, manoeuvre off

You can't choose to unlive

You can only die and that's not the same.

Irrevocability doesn't make for considered behaviour

It's only a real choice if you can make it and then unmake it later, yet not do so always knowing you could

It's how we get our best lessons - you've got to go there to come back

Yet try dying for a day or two and then mirror, signal, manoeuvre back into the old routine

Enough try but none make it

Oh you're listening now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spin Rhetorica; or Grin: or If I Were Called In

  If I were called in to construct a belief system, I should make use of birds A codified catalogue of values and full-grown whole known lur...

The House of Words

The House of Words
built like a novel

She Travels Through Books

She Travels Through Books
the green light girl